The playable character in the game currently has 3 stats, each of which has a maximum level of 100.
The values of these stats can be viewed for the player by pressing the P key. Moving the mouse cursor over the bars will show you their numeric value. The player's stats will gradually decrease over time, requiring the player to continue training in order to maintain them. When sent to solitary, all skills drop by a hefty amount. A players stats cannot drop below 10. And, a players stats are all set to 30 when they first enter a prison.
Determines the character's maximum health and attack damage. Every two levels increases maximum health by one, meaning at level 100 the maximum health of the character is 50. Every ten levels increases maximize attack damage by 1. To increase their strength the characters will have to either use the bench-press or do push-ups on the yoga mat in the prison's exercise area.
Determines how often a character attacks when fighting. A higher Speed decreases the time between attacks, increasing the character's damage per second. Contrary to popular belief, SPD does not affect movement speed. To increase their speed the player will have to run on either the treadmill, or the yoga mat in the prison's exercise area.
Determines which items or jobs can be crafted/obtained by the player. To craft an item requires a specific amount of INT. To get certain jobs requires different amounts of INT To increase their INT, a character will have to either read books in the library or browse the Internet on a computer. Guards and Inmates other than the player don't seem to do the tasks necessary to increase INT, however.
The player itself does not have this stat on their profile screen. Rather, every other character in the game has a value for this, which denotes their opinion of the player. Characters that have a low opinion of the player are more likely to attack without being provoked. When opinion of an inmate reaches 80 or higher, you can recruit them. A recruited inmate will attack any inmate or guard that either you target, or that attacks the player.
A character's opinion of the player can be improved several ways:
- giving them certain items or money increases opinion depending on what item/quantity of money given
- chatting with guards/inmates boosts their opinion by one every two quotes they say.
- completing favors gives a large boost to OPN
- OPN increases by up to 2.5 per day if it is under 50 (30 in San Pancho).
A character's opinion of the player can deteriorate in several ways:
- Kicking an inmate out of their seat or exercise equipment.
- Declining a favor decreases OPN.
- Canceling favors decreases OPN by a large amount.
- Attacking an inmate or guard decreases OPN.
- Tying/taping up an inmate or guard greatly decreases OPN.
- Calling an attack on someone while an inmate is recruited slightly decreases the recruited inmates OPN.
- OPN decreases by up to 2.5 per day if it is over 50 (30 in San Pancho).
Items that increase OPNEdit
NOTES: For some reason, when you give an inmate an Infirmary Overalls, their OPN Stat on you will increase by 30.