Every type of key opens another set of doors. Every guard carries one of the five keys with them.
You can knock out guards to steal their keys. A Cup of Molten Chocolate can one-shot a Guard which can be useful to quickly take their stuff if you have low health.
Make a copy right away from a Key Mold and return the key back to guard's inventory. If the guard wakes up and he doesn't have his key, you will be sent to solitary. If you stash the key in an inmates desk, you will still get sent to solitary but it will probably still be there when you get back.
XDXDXDXDXDXX EXE W QEdit
The guards will have certain keys based on their order in the pre-game screen. One (the guard that calls roll) has the Cell Key, Two (the one beside him) has the Utility Key, Three (the last one that follows the prisoners) has the Entrance Key, Four has the Staff Key, and Five has the Work Key. In the larger prisons only guards 1-5 have keys.
Keys (In order of guard number)Edit
- Cell Key: Used to unlock cells at night (during lights out). The roll-call guard has this key.
- Utility Key: Used to access utility areas. Usually containing prisoner stashes or ladders.
- Entrance Key: Used to access outdoors. (After 10PM and before 10AM)
- Staff Key: Used to open staff-only areas and fence gates.
- Work Key: Used to open work rooms such as Laundry and Metal shop.